Dog Wellness Checkup
Asheville North Carolina is a friendly city. We are known for being welcoming and diverse. We welcome you into millions of forests every year to experience our favorite culture, excellent food, and abundance of outdoor activities. Most of the bar differences are sectionally pet friendly. Why are we so pet-friendly? Because the people of Asheville love their pets.
For us, our dogs are not so much pets as they are family members. If you love your dog so much you include them in family photos, then you need to make sure you are taking your furry family member to your vet regularly for checkups. Here are five reasons to schedule regular wellness checkups for your dog.
Five Reasons to Schedule Regular Wellness Visits
We recommend annual or biannual wellness checkups. If you have a young pet, an older pet, or one with existing health concerns, it is helpful to schedule more frequent visits to keep on top of any issues. Besides the fact that you love your furry friend, there are several important reasons to take your dog in for regular wellness visits:
1) Wellness checkups ensure your dog gets its vaccines: From puppy to adult, your dog needs to have the proper vaccines to be safe and happy.
2) Wellness checkups help make sure your dog is ready for physical activity: There are so many things to see and do with your dog in the Asheville area. Your veterinarian can help you determine how much exploring your dog can do.
3) Wellness checkups identify potential issues with your dog's health: If your dog is experiencing the early stages of health issues, your vet will likely be able to identify it in a wellness checkup.
4) Wellness checkups provide dental care for your dogs: Your dog’s teeth are vital to its survival. Your vet will help make sure their teeth are in the best condition possible.
5) Wellness checkups ensure your dog is eating well: If your dog’s diet is unveiling signs of health issues, a wellness checkup will help uncover underlying issues.
If you are new to the area or you are searching for a new veterinarian for your dog or pet or, Avery Creek Pet Hospital is here to help. We welcome many very family members into our office and care for them as with our own pets and family. To schedule your dog’s wellness visit you can fill out the form on our website, or contact us. We want to make sure your pets are as healthy and happy as possible.