Blog Articles - Asheville Animal Hospital and Veterinarian
‘Tis the season to be jolly, but keep your pets away from holly. With proper care, you can ring in the holiday season and keep your pet from harm.
Prevent Pet Injuries
- Be sure your Christmas tree is securely anchored so it can’t fall over on your pets.
- Keep those little lights from twinkling around pets, especially unattended candles. Pets may burn themselves on open flame or hot wax, and they could start a fire.
There are many decorative elements that can cause injury, such as tinsel, wires, batteries and glass/plastic ornaments. Pets may ingest tinsel or pieces of decorations, causing tummy troubles. Batteries and wires can also shock or burn a pet’s mouth.
Page 2 of 2